Knowing Your Market, Building Your Base, and Keeping Readers Wanting More
Presenter: S.E. Smith
Oct. 24, 2020
West Melbourne Library
2755 Wingate Blvd.
Melbourne, FL 32904
Knowing your market can be one of the most difficult parts of being an author/entrepreneur. You write the book, but getting it out there seems overwhelmingly impossible – no one is buying it! Why? Oftentimes it is because authors are marketing to the wrong audience! To find your niche, you need to understand what your story is and who will read it. Once you do that you can start building your base – the readers who come back over and over to buy your stories and who become your super fans that share.
- Learn how to identify your specific readers.
- Design marketing that works for you – Stop the confusion.
- Newsletters, Social Media, and more – It’s all about relationships.
- A critical look at your storytelling – What to watch out for.
- The magic of Blurbs: Music and lyrics that grab the reader.
- Finding answers to your questions – Individualizing what works for you.
Also today: STAR annual general meeting and elections.
About S.E. Smith
S.E. Smith is an internationally acclaimed, New York Times and USA TODAY Bestselling author of science fiction, romance, fantasy, paranormal, and contemporary works for adults, young adults, and children. She enjoys writing a wide variety of genres that pull her readers into worlds that take them away. Readers can check out her website at https://sesmithfl.com and chat with her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/se.smith.5